Digital technology has opened up entirely new ways to work, learn and create. We need to ensure that our students are confident and skilled leaders, so they can play their role in designing the future.
Renmark High School’s Digital Learning program for all students enables a change in how classrooms operate and engage students with the curriculum. The program provides the best vehicle for a personalised learning program and supports several new ways to create curriculum.
Specialist subjects include:
- Advanced Technology – Students investigate and design projects blending the boundaries of traditional manufacturing with digital hardware and software such as creating remote controlled BattleBots.
- Digital Media – Students design and create several projects from a variety of Creative Cloud software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Dimension.
- Media Studies – Students analyse several movies and create their own short films.
- Photography – Students gain mastery of digital SLR cameras in a variety of settings from studio portraits to low light special effects.
- Video Game Design – Students combine their 3D artwork, programming and psychological concepts enhancing the audience’s experience to ultimately design their own video game.
Specialist digital technology include:
- 3D printing
- CNC milling and routing
- Virtual Reality headsets
- DOBOT Programable Robotic Arm
- Full suite of Creative Cloud software
- Inventor CAD/CAM software
- Greenscreen studio
- Laser cutter